Are you shreddy to get steezy? Do you want to step it up? Feeling like there’s a big gap in your riding? Wanna hang but not enough time? We have the answers…knowledge, practice, and confidence! Sugar Showdown will focus on fundamentals and advancing progression so any level rider will improve Ridestyle skills. It’s a women’s weekend workshop to hone proper techniques with classes all Saturday and competition Sunday.
Riding is complicated! Knowing and understanding your personal riding level helps keep you safe, smart and aware while on the dirt. Let’s work together to improve jump and drop skills in order to hit trails with knowledge, skill, confidence, and calmness. It’s what we call ADRENALINE ZEN! Join us and be part of this sisterhood that is the Sugar Showdown. Open to women and anyone who identifies as female.
$1000 Pro Purse!
DATES: FRIDAY, JUNE 29 – SUNDAY, JULY 1
WHERE: DUTHIE HILL PARK, ISSAQUAH, WA
FRIDAY, JUNE 29:
5pm – 6pm – Crash Course (IN THE CLEARING INSIDE THE PARK)
6pm – 8pm – ChixFlix Meet & Greet
6pm – Bike Checks
SATURDAY, JUNE 30
8am – 4pm – Classes
SUNDAY, JULY 1
8am – 4pm – Comp
- Class & Comp
- $199 – Early Bird Pricing
- $209 – May 20
- $219 – June 20
- Class Only
- $149 – Sugar Basics Early Bird Pricing- beginner skills class
- $150 – May 20
- $169 – June 20
- Family discount – ($15 off each, use the code SugarFam18)
- Sweet Peas (ages 6-8)
- $149 Early Bird
- $159 – May 20
- Sweet Peas Jump Jam – FREE
- Comp Only – $25
- Includes: lunch Saturday and Sunday
- Registration closes June 28 at 10pm
- For the Novice and Amateur classes, participants must have been riding mountain bikes for a minimum of 1 year and be ready to jump and drop (new to jumping is good but no new riders please).
- Beginner riders are welcome in the Sugar Basics class only.
SAS – SISTERS IN ACTION SPORTS
HOT PINK LEVEL
IRON HORSE BREWERY
STEVENS PASS BIKE PARK
SECRET AARDVARK – HOT SAUCE!
FRIDAY: CRASH COURSE / CHIXFLIX MEET & GREET
- 5pm-6pm – Crash Course
- 6pm-8pm – ChixFlix Meet & Greet
- 6pm-7pm – Bike Checks
- 2pm-4pm – Pro Ride Session
Meet inside the park to get bikes checked over and watch a movie! You will have to ride into the park, it’s a 20-minute walk.
- 8am – Registration
- 8:30am – Intros
- Groups will be split up based on ability and whether students have been to one of our programs before or not. New students will spend more time on form in the beginning. Returning students will do a form refresher then move on to freeride skills. Students are automatically entered in the comp but don’t have to participate unless they want to.
- Sugar Basics is from 10am-4pm. This is a skills class for new mountain bikers! They will not be jumping or competing, simply adding to their arsenal of mountain bike shred skills! Sills will include: wheel lifts, cornering, roll downs, body position and trail riding skills.
- Sugar Cubes is for 6-14 year olds all-day Saturday. Girls must have been riding mountain bikes for a minimum of 2 years and be ready to start jumping or push their jumping to the next level and be comfortable riding Voodoo.
- Sweet Peas 6-10 year old class is from 10am-4pm. The girls will practice on the pump track and Luna lines working on skills while having fun! Must be riding 2-wheels and able to stand up on their pedals! Not training wheels. No coaster brakes (back pedal brakes), and must have brakes.
SUNDAY: COMP – SPECTATORS WELCOME!
- Novice and Amateur riders will compete on Voodoo Child
- Novice riders are new to jumping
- Amateurs have a bit more jumping experience
- Judging will be based on form and style
- Semi-Pros will compete on Voodoo Child or the top of Flying Squirrel
- This category is for women who have been jumping for a while are almost ready to compete on Flying Squirrel or the top of Squirrel but feel more comfortable on Voodoo
- The Pro category will compete on Flying Squirrel
- This class is for ladies who have been jumping for a long time
- We are doing Jump Jam format with prizes for tricks, form, style, amplitude, etc.
- You will see a lot of turn-bars, x-ups, one footers, no-footers, tam-boggins, whips, kick outs, no-handers, table tops, ET airs, bar humps, combinations, and some surprise moves
- Comp Categories:
- Novice (new to jumping)
- Amateur Sugar Cubes, 6-10
- Amateur Sugar Cubes, 11-14
- Amateur 15-25
- Amateur 26-35
- Amateur 36-45
- Masterettes 46+
- Semi-Pro Sugar Cubes, 9-14
- Special Awards Include:
- Most Improved
- Best Trick (for Pros & Semi-Pros)
- Most Supportive Rider
- Most Creative
- Highest Amplitude
- Mom / Daughter Teams
- Trail Builder Volunteer Hours – (earn Sugar Points for hours of trail work)
SWEET-T’S! $20 ADVANCED SALES / $25 AT THE EVENT (LAST DAY TO PRE-ORDER IS JUNE 15)
To register for this event or find more details, click on the organizer’s link!