Estrella Mountain Regional Park (Map)
14805 West Vineyard Avenue
Goodyear, AZ 85338
Estrella Mountain Park is in the shadow of the legendary Phoenix International Raceway. This course offers up a scenic venue for spectators and racers alike. Be sure to freshen up your sealant, and bring tubes. This course has been known for taking some tubes.
I-10 W toward Los Angeles
Take exit 131 for Avondale Blvd
Turn left onto Avondale Blvd
Follow Avondale Blvd to Phoenix International Raceway (PIR)
Turn left on Avenida Estrella (look for small brown park/trail signs on right)- if you pass all Of the graded parking lots for PIR you’ve gone too far!
Go straight till you have to turn left into the park self pay station
Pay park fee…follow pavement towards track, which will be on your left.
There is a $6 entry fee for each vehicle.
Is available at this venue, note operations needs space to set up, take a peek at our venue map to ensure you won’t have to move your camp!
$12 per vehicle / night.
- Ralph’s Snack Bar
Save money and time – sign up online, early!
$25 First timers (1x only – no points awarded, no awards)
$25 Juniors (18 and under, price never changes)
$45 Early – up until Sunday at 11:59pm week of the event
$50 On-time – Monday 12:00am until Thursday 8:00pm
$60 Late & Day of registration – Thursday 8:01pm until 30 min prior to race start
Need to change your category? No problem – send an email to the registration director
- Must be finalized by Estrella!
- More Details on the 2018 MBAA Team Competition
Signup for an MBAA membership for just $20 ($10 for juniors under 18) and contribute directly to trail projects across the state. Plug you’ll get a cool pair of members only socks and sticker. You’ll also be entered into out members only raffles drawn at each race!
Up until 2 weeks before the event you may get a 50% refund or 100% transfer to the next event. If there is no next event (ie the finals) we cannot make any further accommodations.
Elite (Pro) – Professional cyclist, competes at the highest level
Expert (Cat 1) – Wicked fast, seasoned racer
Intermediate (Cat 2) – Dang fast, not just a weekend warrior, usually rides quite bit
Beginner (Cat 3) – Relatively new to the sport
First Timer – Newbie, never raced with MBAA or has no experience with mountain bike racing
Single Speed – Only one gear on bike, likes to suffer (our kind of folks)
Masters Men 60+ – Older gents, 60+ years of age
Rock Crusher – Gents 200lbs or more
Fat Bike – 3 inch tires or wider
Marathon – Long distance rider, approx. 3.5-hrs or more per race, likes to really suffer (most definitely our kind of folks)
Junior – Ages 6-8, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14
Kids – 6 & under that likes a short, FREE race
Note – if you are racing Expert 45+ men or Expert Single Speed men and want a shot at cash, you need to change categories and race Expert Open. No exceptions, no changing after the fact.
The age you will be on Dec. 31, 2018.
Awards are 3 deep per category.
Awards will be done as soon as possible after protest periods end and results are approved by the officials.
Top 5 Marathon male
Top 5 Marathon female
Top 5 Elite/Expert Open male
Top 5 Elite/Expert Open female
1st = $100
2nd = $90
3rd = $80
4th = $50
5th = $25
VOLUNTEER: (Sign Up)
Every event is not possible without the help and support of volunteers. Help make these events great by giving back a bit of your time. 5 volunteer hours are required to be eligible for the series championship. A friend or family member can volunteer in a racers place.
START TIMES & LAP COUNTS:
Estrella Start Times & Lap Counts
- Green Arrows – Junior Loop Backwards (1.6-miles) – The Junior loop will be run counter clockwise, sending riders through the finish chute each lap.
- Blue Arrows – Long Loop (9.5-miles) GPS – Quick climb out of the gate, a nice low grade climb to the first saddle, a few dips/hills, and speedy areas to the last saddle. Once to the last saddle, you will be stoked for the final descent.
- Black Arrows – Tech Loop (4.7-miles) GPS – Quick climb out the gate, followed by single track with a moderate climb to the saddle, riders then work their way back through a rock garden to the final saddle, before descending back toward the finish/lap area.
- Red Arrows – Marathon Loop (23-miles) – Head out on the traditional long loop, prior to the final climb of the lap, hang a left and head out on the service road briefly which takes you to Estrella Regional Park. Take a left onto Gadsden to Toothaker up and over, then a right on Dysart, left on Butterfield and right on Gadsden before making a final left onto Desert Rose and head back to the competitive track to finish out the long loop.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE:
7:15 am – Registration Opens! – Bring ID, be patient please
*All athletes must check in/register 30-mins prior to start time
8:30 am – Elite & Intermediate Men (wave 1)
8:40 am – All Marathon Start
10:30 am – Beginner Men (wave 2)
11:30 am – Elite, Intermediate & Beginner Women (wave 3)
12:00 pm – Awards for wave 1
12:30 pm – Free kid’s race (ages 6 & under)
1:00 pm – Awards for wave 2 & marathon
1:30 pm – Juniors (wave 4)
2:30 pm – Awards for wave 3
3:30 pm – Awards for wave 4